Program Length: 4 semesters; 20 months including summer break
Program Options: Associate in Specialized Technology Degree
The first year focuses on developing techniques and procedures required to produce a concept and render a visual image using professional design software. The second year focuses on developing an individualized portfolio that reflects the student’s career goals.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Develop the skills necessary to effectively use the basic tools of design, illustration, and production.
- Encourage each student to demonstrate creative problem solving through projects that require realistic solutions.
- Acquire a working knowledge of graphic and web design, layout, illustration, typography, and computer graphics.
- Prepare students for the employment demand of working with deadlines, clients, art directors, and budgets.
- Develop a professional portfolio.